Friday, May 16, 2008

A day at the races

The Tank and I recently took Caden to see steeplechase racing. He loved seeing the horses but more than that, he loved all the spectators. He waved to all the tailgaters and even played ball with a few older boys. They were great helping him catch and then throw the ball back.


At one point after more boys had joined in, they decided to play an organized game of something but couldn't decide which game. One of them said, "Let's ask Caden!" and they all gathered round to see which game he would choose for them (football). My heart soared into the sky to see them including my son. I don't know if I was more happy to think that they didn't even notice he had Down syndrome, or that they did know but didn't care. Either way, it was a great day at the races.

No comments: