Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Picture "The Scream" by Edvard Munch

Or even Macaulay Culkin in "Home Alone". This is Caden's new face. It means "Uh-oh!". I have no idea where he picked it up but I do know it's terribly cute. I'll be in the kitchen and hear his train run off the track. In runs Caden, both hands holding his head, his lips puckered into a silent circle. And this is all done with much drama, I might add. I want to laugh but he is serious. For the love of chocolate, Mom, my train is sideways - fix it! Fix it now! Can't you see how horrible this is? He is starting to use it for all kinds of toddler catastrophes. I just pushed my truck under the bed and now it's gone forever because I can no longer see or reach it! Or A Goldfish cracker just fell on the floor! Never mind that there are 20 more on my high chair tray - I may die of malnourishment without that one! True, these are all classic moments for the "uh-oh" face but the best occurred a few nights ago in his crib. Caden was trying his darnedest not to fall asleep but exhaustion was wearing him down. He was sitting upright but his head was getting heavy, bobbing around, eyes closing, starting to doze....suddenly he fell over on his side. As I peeked in on him, I saw him stay exactly as he had fallen until he broke out the uh-oh face to no one in particular. It was so hard not to bust out laughing! I love this new face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. You must get a photo of this. Bisqit