Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A carnation for Mommy

On Thursday when I went to pick up Caden from his preschool, he was holding one long-stemmed pink carnation and a card he made me for Mother's Day. I've never much been a fan of carnations as I prefer the more fragrant flowers but that sight brought me to my knees. He was so proud of his card and when he handed me the flower, I started bawling. I don't know why the other women weren't crying too as they busily bundled their children up in their spring jackets. Maybe because they've already heard their children say "I love you Mommy" or they've been through this with their older children. But this was new for me so I was the sole emotional wreck in the room. Maybe I'll be expecting it next year and it won't hit me so hard. But somehow, I think Caden's always gonna find a way to bring me to my knees.

No comments: