Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why I love So You Think You Can Dance

An inspiring 25 year old Salt Lake City man named Brett Banford tried out for the Fox tv show So You Think You Can Dance along with a few thousand other hopefuls. Brett has Down syndrome and didn't make the cut to the next round, but neither of those facts mattered as Brett summed it up "It's not about winning or losing. It's about being happy." Watch his audition here.

Don't you love his face when Nigels comments that there are girls in the audience that would want to dance with him and Brett shrugs like "Well, of course!" And how bout that standing o at the end? Tears were rolling in this house!

And his interview on his local news station can be seen here.

I love that they gave him a shot to audition but even more that they included his audition in the final tv cut. I realize that Fox did it for the ratings but it worked! So You Think You Can Dance rocks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica!

I had no idea you had a blog! I have one too but it's not about anything meaningful.

I am enjoying reading about Caden and his accomplishments. With you by his side, there is nothing he can't do, I just know it!

I have to ask, why "Ten Squares, Three Squiggles"?

-K

PS - I loved Brett's audition as well. I'm a huge SYTYCD fan!