Monday, July 7, 2008

So you need a good book to read?

Just bought this book for the Tank's upcoming birthday as he enjoys history and politics: America According to Connor Gifford. Of course I'll be reading it first before I wrap it up - haha! Check out the website, read some excerpts and learn about the amazing author, Connor Gifford. He is a 26 year old living on Nantucket and has loved studying our country's history since he was in the 8th grade. A quote from Connor: "Through history we know that every character is different. As for my having Down Syndrome, it means that I have a gift. I thank God for having the opportunity to share my thoughts about our past, and my hopes for the future.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is an awesome book (from the excerpts)! I will be getting a few for Christmas gifts...plus one for me.