Friday, August 15, 2008

Heebie jeebies

I took a picture of this dragonfly because I thought it was cool the way you could see the leaf behind it through the wings. I had my point-and-shoot camera with me so I was actually pretty darn close to the subject to get the shot, no zoom lens or anything fancy like that. I was very worried that the dragonfly might attack me but fortunately it stayed in place till I got the shot. It was only when I returned home, uploaded the pics to my computer and took another look at this shot on the screen that I saw the GINORMOUS SPIDER hanging onto the leaf under the dragonfly. Do you have any idea how freakin' close my head was to that thing????? And you know it was a man-eating variety! I nearly passed out when I realized it had been there. Does anyone else have itchy skin after looking at this? AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you gave my the willies!!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ahem... Yep. I would have passed out for sure!

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm laughing my head off!! too funny!

Anonymous said...

great shot!!!!